}

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Art Journal - What if I fall...

Hello friends - today I am taking you on my Journaling Journey with me - I am  slowly working on my first Art Journal - something I am loving but it is a process.  I have worked 'within the lines' for so long that 'colouring outside the lines' does not come easy when I first start - I think it gets easier with each page - baby steps!!


I am very blessed to have been inspired by so many wonderful artists - my journey with the Australian Mixed Media Roadshow has certainly opened by eyes to life beyond paper - while at the same time showed me that I can work with paper and still create Mixed Media projects - there really are no set rules...- it is a matter of shaking off those things which limit us and open up our minds....


My husband - my biggest supporter - says I am transitioning - whatever that may mean - as long as it does not involve hormones I am okay with it.  Wink:wink!  Then there are the wonderful artists on the Roadshow who encourage me LOUDLY to 'come over to the DARK SIDE!' LOL not naming names Michael DeMeng!!  Then there are the words of encouragement from John Creighton Peterson - 'look at you girl - getting in touch with your dark side!' LOL!  That makes me laugh.  Of course the Seth Apter was quietly working away inspiring me and giving me a nudge here and there...LOL!  I am grateful to these guys an the amazing ladies who are part of my journey - taking me out of my comfort zone and to new places artistically! 


 Seth - well he was just encouraging every time we chatted about art - and I have to say I am greatly inspired by Seth's stamps, dies and stencils - I seem to use them a lot when it come to my take on Mixed Media....Seth actually was a key person in helping me define the whole Crafter/Artist thing...if you know what I mean - along with Linda Molden Peterson - who is amazing and I had the honor of meeting in Phoenix on a Spellbinders Retreat....anyway enough about that...

So here you have it - my 'What if I fall...' page - you may have guessed, I am hoping to fly!


You can see my other pages HERE

Take care friends - thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!

{{{Hugs}}} and happy crafting

1 comment:

  1. I think you are definitely flying Linda. And I cannot wait to see this book the next times our paths cross down under.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}